Connect with us


SCDF responded to two fire incidents likely caused by PAB battery and charging PMA

The SCDF attended two fires on 19 March, likely caused by PAB and PMA battery packs. One fire damaged stalls at Bukit Merah Market, while another affected a flat in Clementi.



SINGAPORE: The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) responded to two separate fire incidents on Tuesday (19 March), both believed to have originated from the battery packs of a Power-Assisted Bikes (PAB) and a charging Personal Mobility Aid (PMA).

Following these incidents, the SCDF has issued a public advisory urging individuals not to leave batteries or devices of any active mobility devices charging for extended periods or unattended overnight.

Fire at Bukit Merah Market

SCDF received reports of a fire at Block 112 Jalan Bukit Merah around 5:35 pm on Tuesday, 19 March.

The fire resulted in damage to three stalls in a market located at Jalan Bukit Merah due to a fire involving a power-assisted bicycle (PAB).

Fortunately, there were no reported injuries.

Preliminary investigations conducted by SCDF indicated that the fire likely originated from the PAB’s battery pack.

Firefighters from the Central Fire Station swiftly deployed a water jet to extinguish the fire.

Fire at Clementi Flat

Earlier on the same day, at approximately 2:10 pm, SCDF responded to a fire incident at Block 706, Clementi West Street 2.

Smoke was observed billowing out from a fourth-floor unit upon arrival, SCDF said.

“The occupants had evacuated the unit before SCDF’s arrival. Three persons from the unit were assessed for smoke inhalation and conveyed to the Singapore General Hospital,” it added.

Firefighters from the Clementi Fire Station effectively extinguished the blaze using a water jet.

Post-fire assessment revealed heat and smoke damage to the living room area of the flat.

Preliminary investigations by SCDF suggested that the fire likely originated from a Personal Mobility Aid (PMA) that was charging in the room.

SCDF emphasized that motorized devices, especially those that are modified, inadequately maintained, or utilizing non-original chargers, pose a heightened risk of causing fires.

In light of these incidents, SCDF urges the public to exercise caution and adhere to safety guidelines when using and charging active mobility devices to prevent similar incidents in the future.

Share this post via:
Continue Reading
1 Comment
Notify of
1 Comment
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments



are all these🇨🇳🚲🚳 & other similarly USELESS👎🏻☣️HARMFUL☢️TOXIC 🏭MIC(key🤡🖕🏻👻mouse) 💨TRASH🚮

going to get the (ultimate) TERMINATE🚫🈲BAN

– show them the exit🇸🇬🚷

flush them down the 🚽loo or, better yet: the bottomless🕳pit


send them
(and hope🤞🏻fully ~ AMORN🌞🛐🚪阿門 ~ their
👲🏻manufacturers🦹🏻‍♂️makers😈 as well)
to reunite with their MAO⚰️timate🪦maker –

from these shores🏝

if not this beloved❤️but🏚broken🙍🏻planet of ours🤬🤬🤬!!!??