Connect with us


6-year-old Malaysian boy found unconscious in washing machine, succumbs to injuries

In a heartbreaking incident in Ipoh, Perak, a six-year-old boy was found unconscious in a washing machine, tragically leading to his death on Monday.

The devastating accident happened as he accidentally fell into the running appliance.



MALAYSIA: A six-year-old boy was discovered unconscious inside a washing machine at his home at Kampung Sungai Tapah Tambahan in Ipoh, Perak.

The child was later pronounced dead at the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital (HRPB) while receiving treatment on the same day of the incident (Oct 16).

The tragedy occurred when the boy accidentally fell into the operating washing machine.

Assistant Commissioner Yahaya Hassan, the District police chief, revealed that the police were alerted to the incident after a report was received from HRPB at 11.44am.

Yahaya said initial investigations indicated that the boy was with his family at the house during the incident.

According to a statement posted on Facebook by the Ipoh District Police, the boy’s grandmother found him unconscious at approximately 9.30 a.m., and he was rushed to the hospital by ambulance.

Tragically, he was declared dead at 11.02 am.

A post-mortem examination revealed that the cause of death was blunt head trauma.

The case is currently under investigation under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act 2001, which pertains to ill-treatment, neglect, abandonment, or exposure of a child in a manner likely to cause physical or emotional injury.

Assistant Commissioner Yahaya emphasized the importance of parents and guardians ensuring appropriate supervision for children to prevent such tragic incidents.

“The police would like to advise and warn the public once again, especially parents or guardians, not to leave their children under their care unattended to prevent any unwanted tragedies,” he said in a statement.

Share this post via:
Continue Reading
Click to comment
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments